SPHS Volleyball summer conditioning begins Tuesday, June 16, 2020. Given new guidelines regarding COVID-19 precautions, we can offer each student-athlete one conditioning session each week. We hope to offer additional sessions as restrictions are lifted. Summer conditioning is voluntary. You do not have to participate in summer conditioning in order to try out for the teams. At this time, conditioning is limited to students currently enrolled at SPHS, including upcoming 9th graders.
Sessions will be held on Tuesdays from 10am-11am and Thursdays from 1pm-2pm. You can only sign up for one session, either Tuesdays or Thursdays, and can only attend that session each week. You cannot switch sessions.
Players must arrive 15 minutes prior for COVID-19 screenings. Due to staffing limitations, no screenings can take place once the coach has entered the building. We will enter the building at the start time of each session. If you do not arrive early enough to be screened, you will not be allowed to participate.
There are five steps student-athletes must take to participate:
- Current physical on file with Coach Lodge (email to firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Current RankOne forms (GHSA eligibility will be completed by the school)
- Watch the Return to Play presentation
- Read the Return to Play handbook
- Sign up for one conditioning session through Sign Up Genius (link below) *Important: you can only attend the session for which you sign up. There will be no switching sessions. Space is limited so please do not sign up if you cannot regularly attend*
There are strict guidelines coaches and student-athletes must follow in order to participate in summer conditioning. SPHS Athletic Director Lamar Glenn put together a presentation regarding those guidelines. Student-athletes and guardians must watch the presentation and read the Return to Play Handbook before student-athletes will be permitted to participate.
Return to Play Presentation: https://youtu.be/DtVUQK7qF0Y
Return to Play Handbook: Return to Athletics Parent Package
Sign Up for a Conditioning Session Here – select either Tuesday or Thursday (quantity=1): https://www.signupgenius.com/go/508044EA5A628AAFB6-sphs1