The 2020-2021 Wrestling season is finally upon us with the first practice scheduled for Monday, October 26th. While we are extremely excited for the season to begin we must acknowledge that this season will be different than those prior. There will be new challenges that each team will face this year. With that in mind, here are some important things you need to know about safety and things you need for the first day…
Daily Practice Info:
- Practice will be conducted Monday-Friday.
- Students must have an approved physical and updated RankOneprior to participating.
- Practices will begin PROMPTLY at 3:45
- Wrestlers should have changed into appropriate attire (shorts (compression shorts underneath), sweatpants, t-shirt, dry-fit shirt, etc.), checked weight, put on wrestling shoes, and begun warming up BY THIS TIME
- Avoid shorts/sweatpants with pockets
- Drink lots of water to stay hydrated throughout the day.
- Practice will continue until approximately 6:00 pm
- Mats will be mopped using a sport-specific surface disinfectant daily.
Covid Safety Screening and Guidelines:
- Per South Paulding High School and PCSD’s Return to Play policies – All wrestlers should complete a COACH-ADMINISTERED HEALTH SCREEN as outlined in the PCSD School COVID-19 policies as well as the SPHS return to play policies.
- Prior to entering the wrestling room, the coaching staff will conduct a COVID screening for each individual wishing to enter.
- Athletes should answer the questions below before being allowed to workout. If the answer is yes to any of the questions below, the athlete should not participate in any workouts for a 14-day period.
- Do you or have you had a fever in the last week?
- Have you been diagnosed with COVID 19?
- Have you been in contact with anyone diagnosed with COVID 19?
- Have you traveled to a “hot spot” for COVID 19?
- Temperature checks will also be administered prior to entering the wrestling room.
- At the conclusion of practice, all wrestlers will be directed to leave the facility and remain outside near the rear entrance to the school until they are able to be picked up. Parents will be advised that each wrestler should shower with antibacterial soap (Hibiclens) immediately upon returning home. No showers will be allowed after practice.
- Managers will be directed to wait outside of the Wrestling Room until the practice has begun. At that time, they may enter the room to fulfill managerial duties. Managers will not be allowed to loiter and must leave the premises upon completion of duties. Managers will have specific days when they will be expected to attend practices.
If you have any questions then please reach out to Coach Huff or Coach Mathews with your concerns.